Due to changes in data protection laws we have a duty to inform you of what data we hold and what this data is used for.
Data held by ourselves is only used under the following lawful basis's:
· Legal obligation – processing is necessary for complying with the law
· Legitimate interests – processing is necessary for your legitimate interests
Personal data held by ourselves is used for the following:
· Contacting you about vaccine reminders, appointments, blood results
· Maintaining our clinical records
· Maintaining our accounts and credit control
The only data shared externally is with:
· The laboratory – for the purposes of identification of samples
· Insurance companies – for the purposes of processing your claims
· The crematorium – for identification of individual ashes
· Referral centres – for the purposes of referring your animals
Without the data we hold we would be unable to provide an acceptable level of care to fulfill our legal obligations.
If you change practices we will continue to hold this data for the potential lifetime of your animal.